Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well, we are 9 days into 2011 and I continue to be pumped and excited to be part of the South Florida community.  I LOVE LIVING IN MIAMI!  Need I say more?

December was packed with learning and travel; after attending a two-day seminar, I became a member of the Luxury Home Marketing Institute.  Don't have the designation yet - I must sell two properties valued at a total of $1.2M (actually they must exceed $600K each) before it is official, and I am up for the challenge.

I really had no vacation this year - ran to Texas a couple of times to check on my brother and his wife and went back Dec. 17th to attend my best friend's holiday dinner for her 7 close friends - a sit-down feast, everything prepared by Doris' hands - thank you Doris, it was a lovely evening.  Of course, I took the time to visit all my peeps.  There are two places I love to hit when I got to Houston: the breakfast klub (3711 Travis St. 713.528-8561), had to have some chicken and waffles.  Now if you re there over a Saturday, that morning you must go to Cafe 4212  (4212 Almeda Road - 10am - 2pm) for their Zydeco brunch.  Order fried catfish and grits and dance your butt off.  Six of my cousins (hey Barbara, Justin, Linda, Jimmy, Ann & Leo) met me there and we had a mini family reunion.

On the 29th my "road-dog", Antonia ("Toni") took off for Phoenix to visit our girl, Geneva Spigner and her family.  We enjoyed our lovely 2-story suite at the Scottsdale Plaza, just down the street from the Spigner Paradise Valley home.  Let's say Arizona is NOT Florida!  Not talking about the desert terrain, I am talking the cold "a" weather!  Evenings dropped to 26/27/28 degrees.  Dr. Spigner (Geneva's loving hubby) wanted to take us to see the Grand Canyon (yes, that's correct, I have been to 48 states but never seen the GC) but it was snowing...  I thought this was some kind of common occurrence, was I wrong.  We met and made tons of new friends and truly got our butts whipped playing Bid Whist with Dr. Larry Leverett, blindfolded, yes, he covered his eyes and we needed his services as a plastic surgeon after that butt whippin'.  We met Sandy and Jim Reynolds, founders of Loop Capital Markets; these Chicago snowbirds and their friends, from the Windy City, enjoyed evenings of fun and games and my favorite beverage, Vueve Clicquot.  Toni and I spent a week taking in the town, visits to the famous Biltmore (A Waldorf Astoria property), spa services and lunch at the fabulous Phoenician.

Now I am back to work; got back Wednesday night and hit the bricks first thing Thursday morning.  I have a wonderful opportunity if you are looking for a great home in Morningside (a lovely urban community on Biscayne Bay just east of Biscayne Blvd.).  The owner is being relocated and the price of this 4/3, 2-story, pool home has been reduced by $50K, to $499K - Open House Sunday, Jan 16 - 2-4:30 PM.

To top off my stories, must add an update to all - my grandbaby, Genae' Marie (stage name, FrankiBelle) is a back-up singer for janelle monae, they opened for Prince at Madison Square Garden.  As we speak, they are in Brazil (Florianopolis, Rio, Recife and Sao Paulo) opening for Amy Winehouse (actually, reports say Amy is making a comeback working with janelle - hmmmm).

Well, this is my first blog of 2011; I am committed to keeping this up and current.  My next blog will cover my favorite things - I "stole" this from Oprah a couple of years ago.  When you admire someone, the greatest form of flattery is to "steal shameless, learned that from a former boss; thanks Lee Carroll.

Need to reach me?  Call: 305.528.8557

Until then: dine well.
Robbie
Don't forget to tune-in to Join Us at the Table every Saturday morning, 9:30-10:30AM on BlogTalkRadio.

No comments: